Friday, May 31, 2013

My Birth Month

I love the month of June. Yes, I'm totally biased - my birthday is in June. In fact, my birthday falls on the longest day of the year (most years). I tend to celebrate my birthday all month long in little ways like buying myself ice cream, or treating myself to new clothes/shoes, etc. because I feel less guilty doing so when it's "for my birthday."

This year though, I wasn't looking forward to it much at first. Maybe because here in Southern California we have what is known as "June gloom" where the mornings are just gray and hazy until the afternoon sun can finally burn off the clouds. Or maybe it's because no one showed up for my birthday party last year (and when I say nobody, I really mean not a soul. It was a pretty low point in my life, yet I still smiled and told people it was a fun night when they later asked how it went). Or maybe it's because this year I'm turning 30 and feel like I haven't accomplished anything worthwhile.

My older sister, knowing it had been a rough year for me called me up in April to tell me that she had a birthday present for me - she was going to come out to Cali to spend my birthday with me! I'm excited! I get to celebrate with my best friend! Then the news got better; my little sister wanted to come join the festivities as well!

Don't get me wrong. I still think turning 30 bites. But I am looking forward to my sisters' week/end and am glad to know that at least this year for my birthday someone will show up for the "party."

3 comments:

  1. It'll be the best. birthday. ever! (Imagine janessa's voice saying that like the line from tangled!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we will definitely party!!
    :)
    I can't wait to give you your presents! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I personally LOVE the idea of celebrating your birthday all month long :) Heck, why not! Celebrate your awesomeness!! I wish I lived closer to you friend...I'd come to your party!! Just love you to pieces Beautiful

    ReplyDelete