Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Levada Searsee

I received a phonecall today from someone asking for Levada Searsee. Now, I don't know who she is, or if I'm even spelling her name correctly, but it's not the first time I've received a phone call for her. When I first got my current phone number I would receive calls for her every week. I didn't mind much at first, because when you get a new number it's bound to be someone's old number.

But the calls continued coming, and from the sound of it these callers were probably not her friends. It sounded like she owed people money.

For a while I stopped answering calls from numbers I didn't recognize on the caller ID. Which probably wasn't beneficial for me or them; I'm sure many callers tried again and again thinking that I was Levada and trying to avoid them. I finally started taking the calls to let people know that I was not the gal they were trying to reach.

It worked. The calls started dying down, and eventually disappeared. For a bit. Then a new wave hit. by this time I was convinced that this Levada character was still giving out my phone number to people to get away with whatever she was doing. I talked the next wave of people down, and until today, I hadn't received a phone call for Levada in a very long time. This had better not be wave 3. I kind of want to track her real number down myself to pass on to those who call me.

For goodness sake, I've had my number for 5 1/2 years now.

1 comment: