8 TV shows I enjoy watching when I have time and would like to chill:
Not a very good representation I'm sure... I haven't been really into TV since before my mission. 1. Gilmore Girls
2. The Office
3. Dharma and Greg
4. Basically any family based reality show on TLC when I'm at someone's house that has cable
7. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
8. The Amazing Race
8 things that happened yesterday:
1. Washed my hair (no - not an everyday occurance anymore!)
2. Woke up early
3. Took my final exams for my Human Resource Management and Hospitality Accounting 2 classes
4. Found another roommate to join my apartment in January!!
5. OFFICIALLY FINISHED SCHOOL FOR THE SEMESTER!
6. Had an Office Season 3 party at my house
7. Took apple cider to a friend at school
8. Had a wrestling match with my roommate Airline
8 things I am looking forward to:
1. Getting my grades!
2. Spending 10 days in Colorado for Christmas
3. Applying for graduation
5. My trip to New Zealand with Ashley Peterson
6. Winning more dance competitions
7. Paying off my school loans
8. Having a family
8 things I love about fall:
Nearly everything my sister does...
1. Walking outside and smelling the air
2. Cozy clothes (I love sweaters!!) and finding your gloves in the pockets of your coat the first time you put it on for the season
3. Peppermint and Sleepytime tea
4. Knowing that Christmas is just around the corner
5. Watching the leaves change colors
6. Playing in piles of leaves
7. Pumpin EVERYTHING!
8. Corn mazes.
8 things on my wish list:
1. A husband
2. An ipod
3. A trip to Uruguay
4. New clothes
5. Slightly thicker hair
6. Insurance. Or at least enough money to get my cavities taken care of.
7. A horse
8. The right kind of screws to put my desk together (I can't find them ANYWHERE!)
8 people I am tagging:
1. Heather Davenport
2. Jessica Alleman
3. Kate Smith
4. Chelsea Beauchamp
5. Open for the taking!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
With the unusually warm weather lingering around the Southwestern part of the United States (meaning - Las Vegas), one can't help but think that it constantly feels like Spring Break! I'll admit, it has been awfully difficult to focus on my schoolwork when there are so many other things I want to do. First of all, there was birthday after birthday that needed to be celebrated, and what better place to celebrate than in my house?
We got to dress up,
watch people jump out of cakes,
and basically go a little crazy.
Then of course, came the crazy festivities of Halloween. What more can I say?
I am officially dubbing November as "The month in which Melissa photographs the best." You'll soon see why. This month has been a blast!
I went hiking up at Calico Tanks inside Red Rock park with several friends from my ward (it was actually the first time I'd seen the tank completely dry),
played outside of the institute building while avoiding my homework list,
and most recently won a dance competition against other single's wards in the valley by mixing hip-hop and Polynesian dancing into a form I like to call "Hip-nesian."
Yeah, life is good.