Thursday, January 17, 2013

ESFJ


Prompted by a friend's Facebook post today, I took the humanetrics.com personality test (based on the Jung and Briggs Myers personality test). I've taken the test a few times before; in high school I remember being an ENFP which was very fitting at the time. Another time I took it I don't remember the entire result, but it started with an I (standing for introvert), which surprised me. This time though, I think the results are pretty accurate for where I'm at in my life. I am an:
ESFJ
Extravert(11%)  Sensing(12%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(67%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)
What does this mean? Here's some info I gathered: I fall under the category of a protector (other categories are creator, intellectual, and visionary), sub-category: supporter (sub-categories are different in each category). 12% of the population is a protector-supporter. I won't bore you by pasting all of the details here, but there's a description of an ESFJ along with a list of famous people who are also ESFJs here: http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/esfj

Interesting to me while searching for info on ESFJs were some the career choices suggested for my personality type:
-Hotel and Restaurant Management (umm - my degree is in Meetings and Events Management from the Hotel College at UNLV. Coincidence?)
-Nursing
-Education
-Social Work
The last 3 were all things I considered studying in college. Hmm. We may have an accurate test result on our hands.

What personality type are you?

2 comments: