Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Growth

Physical


Throughout the year and a half I've been been doing aerial acrobatics I've experienced periods of time where my strength and abilities steadily improve, and other periods of time where my abilities plateau for a while. I figured this was typical, and have really enjoyed the periods of growth. For the last two weeks I've noticed that I'm in another upswing! I have finally managed to do a move on hoop that I have struggled with for probably a year, and can do it consistently now (for my memory's sake - pop in to straddle back from under the hoop). I also figured out how to do a move on tissu where I am fighting gravity to roll up, and am getting more and more consistent with it (hip-key roll up). It's satisfying to know that my hard work is paying off!


Emotional/Personal


I have received compliments from a couple of close friends recently about how well I have handled the situation where a friendship of mine ended earlier this year. It was very abrupt and honestly I still don't understand what went wrong, but throughout the drama I tried my hardest to take the high road. It wasn't always easy, and I felt very alone throughout most of it because I was unwilling to put our mutual friends in the middle by talking about it to them. Even though my efforts to repair the friendship weren't successful and I am sad that this friendship is over, I have found/developed the emotional balance I needed to move forward.


Physical - Again


Remember the bump on my nose, and how I had it removed? It's starting to grow back. Sigh. Time to call the dermatologist and see if they do follow up procedures free of charge...

No comments:

Post a Comment