Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Early Riser

I groaned when my alarm went off at 5:15 this morning. I can't remember the last time I got up that early. I hit snooze a couple of times (sorry roommate!) hoping that my grogginess would wear off, and trying to figure out why I had set my alarm for an hour where it's still mostly dark outside. I am much more accustomed to getting up around 7am.

Then it clicked. I had been asked to teach my first aerial class! I jumped out of bed, grabbed the clothes I was smart enough to lay out the night before, and headed to the shower. The only way I could fit teaching into my schedule was by showing up at work the same time I normally rolled out of bed.

The day went well! I unlocked the office door right at 7am and worked for 3.5 hours before I clocked out and headed to the studio. Class was fun- I got to teach tissu and hoop basics to about 20 elementary school aged kids over the course of three hours; thankfully they were split into two groups so I didn't have all of them at once.

Finishing out the remaining 4.5 hours at my office wasn't as hard as I'd thought it would be either. Maybe it helped knowing that in just 3 hours I had doubled my daily income!

1 comment: