Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Socks, Tide Pools, and Part-Time Jobs

I started my part time job at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I don't know if I like the job yet (I know I don't like the pay), but I do like the people I work with. The manager of my store seems invested in her employees, and has very little turnover with her staff because of it. Knowing that I had applied for a shift supervisor position rather than the barista position I was hired for, my manager had me meet with another location's manager today since they will likely have a shift supervisor position available fairly soon. I will continue to train at my current location, but it's nice to know that there are already people who are looking out for me and trying to give me advancement opportunities.

In other news I am once again without a roommate; the gal who moved in at the beginning of March was having a pretty rough time out here in LA and decided to take a break and move back home to Canada for the time being. I was sad to see her go, she was one of the best roommates I've had recently. I have someone coming over to see the place later this week, and am exchanging emails with another gal about the spot, so hopefully I'll have a new roommate move in May 1st!

I don't know if it's the change in weather or some other factor, but my body is mad at me! My face is going through a small breakout, which isn't that abnormal, but it is simultaneously dry and flaky on my chin, around my nose, and along my hairline on my forehead. My cheeks can also feel a little dry. It's a weird little combo. Add to that I've gained a bit of a tan from being outside, and none of my makeup currently matches my skin tone. I kind of look like a bit of a mess.

My feet are having separate issues- my three little toes on my left foot are scraped up from slipping on rocks while wandering around some tide pools over the weekend, the bottom of my right foot is tender from stepping on a bee on the beach on my way to the tide pools, and I'm starting to think I'm developing athlete's foot around my toes on my right foot. I've slathered my feet with Neosporin and anti-fungal cream respectively, and have donned socks for the night. I hope it helps; I hate sleeping with socks on.

2 comments:

  1. Ow! Stepping on bees kills! I've done it! Hope you start healing and stop shedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate sleeping with socks on too! :P
    I hope your poor skin heals fast (everywhere).
    I'm glad to hear your manager is a good one.
    Always a good thing to have a positive like that!

    ReplyDelete