Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Onward and Upward

There are two dates every year that members of my family have tried to be the first to remember and remind everyone else of. The first date is March 4th, known as "Noah's Ark Day." We did not come up with the story/joke ourselves, but it goes something like this:

"Did you know that today was supposedly the day Noah let all of the animals off the ark? For didn't he command the animals to 'March Forth?'"

Just a bit cheesy.

Yesterday was the last day of my little trip home to Colorado, and I was the first to remember the date (although I don't think anyone else really cared this year, as my text message to my family garnered only one response). However, as the day drew to a close and I prepared to board a plane back to Los Angeles the date took on a new meaning for me. Yes, I'm dealing with some difficult experiences having been laid off and then dumped by my boyfriend within a week and a half, but really I am doing okay. I realized that I am marching forth. I don't feel all bent out of shape from the events that have transpired. I am now back in my apartment, I found a roommate to fill the spot that had been empty since November, and am being asked to work more often at the aerial studio where I started my training two years ago. While I don't have a full time job yet, step by step things are coming together.

So the moral of today's story is to remember not to let the difficult things weigh you down, they will get better. Pick up, move on - march forth.

1 comment:

  1. :-) Good things are happening. Samantha prayed for you tonight -and she said "bless Melissa that she won't be too sad about nick and that she'll find a new nice boy". She sure loves you and worries about you! Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete