Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Proverbial Rug Under My Feet

"Wow- this must mean you're really good at manifesting things... Be careful what you say! I know you'll be okay though, because of how positive you are. This will be a good thing, so many opportunities will come from this!"

I was sitting in the office at Fly Studios (where I teach birthday parties) yesterday afternoon airing my bad day to the studio owner. She always comments on my positivity and joyfulness, and I needed a dose of that when I left the office. The rug had just been pulled out from under me. I was laid off.

Maybe the studio owner is right about me being good at manifesting things- I did just recently post about being bored and wanting to transition completely into entertainment, and I have told many people that this is the year that I was planning on leaving the company. It just happened sooner than I had planned.

In experiences past whenever the rug was suddenly pulled out from under my feet it meant a lot was going to change in my life. It always resulted in me moving away from the city I was living in for one reason or another. I don't know what it means this time yet, but to start I guess I'd better update my résumé and look for something in the career field I want in L.A. before jumping ship. The problem with L.A. though is how expensive it is to live here; I have higher bills. I'm paying double my rent because I've had no luck finding a roommate, I have a car loan and student loans to pay. I'm really not sure how this one is going to play out, and it makes me nervous.

Let's try it out- if I'm good at manifesting things I would like a new roommate to move in ASAP to lower my rent, and I would like a full time job working with up and coming musicians. Something flexible enough to allow me to keep up on my aerial training.

Please.

2 comments: