Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birthday Bucket List

Recently I have witnessed several of my friends doing wonderfully grand things to celebrate their birthday. One friend even went to the effort of creating a calendar of events leading up to his birthday that lasted as many days as the number of years he was turning. Seeing as I previously decided that this is "The Year of Me," I want to celebrate big too! Therefore, I am creating a themed list of things I want to do to honor my birth!

“THE WORLD IN MY BACKYARD”

I love to travel, but since taking big trips to all sorts of foreign places takes all sorts of time (and money), I thought it would be fun to explore the world – locally. Here’s the travel itinerary so far:

Saturday, June 11th – THE MEDITERRANEAN (Greece, Italy, etc.)

The Getty Villa in Malibu
· 11:30am – Architecture Tour
· Wander and see exhibits
· Free, but we need to book timed tickets in advance
· $15 parking = carpool!
·
http://www.getty.edu/visit/

Late lunch at either Stop’n CafĂ© (1237 Third Street Promenade) or Sham Restaurant (716 Santa Monica Blvd.)


Saturday the 18th – FRANCE

Les Miserables at Ahmanson Theatre at the Music Center downtown Los Angeles
· 8pm
· $42-$65 for the cheapest seats
·
http://www.centertheatregroup.org/tickets/productiondetail.aspx?id=13736


Tuesday the 21st (My Actual Birthday) – CANADA

Attend my regular hoop and aerial fit classes with a handful* of close (and adventurous) friends. Okay, you’re probably thinking “how the heck is this Canada?” I’ll sum up: the owner of my studio was in Cirque du Soleil. Cirque du Soleil is a Canadian based entertainment company (Quebec), therefore Canada.
· 6:45pm – Hoop
· 7:45pm – Aerial Fit
· *You MUST contact me if you plan to do this. I have to let the studio know how many are coming beforehand (we can’t overcrowd the class), there are liability waivers to be filled out, etc. Just contact me.


Thursday, June 23rd – MEXICO

Mana in concert at the Staples Center!
· 8pm
· Cheapest tickets - $59.00.
·
http://centerboxoffice.org/ResultsVenue.aspx?venid=100&vname=Staples+Center&event=Mana&nid=1&sortcol=retail&sortord=asc&showall=true&dist=GS&uq=mana%20staples&cid=7170563555&ppcsrc=1-HY-Staples+-Mana&gclid=CMqkxaTi0qgCFQYGbAod6EY__w

So far this is just a framework of ideas; none of it is set in stone…yet. But I do hope to make a majority of these events happen! I’d also like to add some more activities to include the Asian, African, and Australian continents if possible; maybe I’ll toss in a visit to the LA Zoo to cover all three of those!

And please, if you would like to join me on one (or more) of these adventures, let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. SO FUN!!! I want to go. *pout* Gonna do Japan here? Make some yummy food or something?? Or South America. . . I wonder if we can find an Argentine / Uruguian restaurant here. .

    ReplyDelete