Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Man of My Dream

Ha. I know many of you probably want to add an "s" to the end of that title, but read on and it will all make sense.

In recent weeks I have been having all sorts of dreams. It's kind of a pattern for me to have a period of time where I dream almost every night, and then I go through a longer period of time where I don't dream at all. The dreams are usually random and not connected to anything in my real life, but lately there has been a difference: I've known one to two people in each dream. In the past I've had dreams where I seem to know the person/people in my dreams, but they are not real people in my life. I've written a few of these recent dreams down in my notebook because (1) they are unusual for me, (2) all the people that show up in my dreams are guys that I currently know and associate with, and (3) they're just funny sometimes, like the one where my friend bought me frog leg soup (random). You should make note that none of these dreams have been of the romantic sort.

Anyway, I had another dream last night that involved someone I know, but this dream broke the pattern again. This time the person I knew was in fact not a guy - it was my mom. And I can't really remember what was going on at the beginning, but for some reason my mom and I were in this amazingly awesome building/house that you could tell cost millions of dollars. There were columns, and shades of emerald throughout the decor. My mom walked out of the room just as this beautiful, handsome, dashing, basically-perfect-in-every-way guy in a nice car slides the vehicle to a stop there on the green streaked marble-floored indoor balcony that overlooked the front entryway below. How the car even got up to the second floor was obviously not a concern, nor out of place in my dream.

He was there for me, this man of my dream; I knew it. He got out of the car with purpose and I started toward him in amazement. He looked really good in that tux, too. He then turned and started jogging away from me, and my heart fell. How could I get my hopes up again? I stopped in my place unsure of what to do, and then he turned around - it was a trick; he wanted to see just how excited I'd be when he came back for me.

Enter the cheesy movie-like part of my dream: we ran for each other and he wrapped me up in the best hug possible and dipped me low to the ground. I guess you can compare the dip to the final scene of "The Cutting Edge" when they're out on the ice and you know they just won the gold medal, and Kate tells Doug that she's in love with him. It was that kind of dip.

The man of my dream kissed me.

...and it was the most awkward and uncomfortable kiss I have ever had - EVER! Including real life! It was like he had never kissed anyone, ever. I looked up into his eyes and with concern asked, "We are going to get better at this, right??"

1 comment:

  1. bwa-ha ha! No way. A bad kisser in your dreams. thpptht. That's what I think of that. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete