Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Along The Way

Wow! This last month flew! I've actually missed having the time to post anything, but I was definitely enjoying my time! I don't think I ever got around to posting about this last year since I was playing catch-up from my New Zealand trip, but this year I once again participated in the Hill Cumorah Pageant in Palmyra, New York! It is always a very fun experience, and I can't wait to get pictures up from the show. I had to report to the Hill on July 2nd, but was fortunate enough to be able to spend the last weekend in June in Ohio with my friend Ashley, who got married in December and moved out to Columbus in January. She and her husband Dak were great hosts - we had a great weekend filled with garage sale shopping, a frog jump festival and game playing!

I flew on my first prop-plane ever from Columbus to Cleveland... I actually didn't like it much, I was more sensitive to all the bumps and movement in the air. I was grateful that it was only a 30 minute flight - I may have had to use the air-sick bag had we gone much longer!

While in New York I was also blessed to stay with the same family I'd stayed with last year during Pageant - they take such good care of me! We had fun picking raspberries and going hiking together before all the business of the show kept me at the hill from approx. 8am-11pm every day.

1 comment: