Sunday, June 14, 2015

One Week!

One week guys! My birthday is just one week away! I kind of wish it were already here so I could start checking off the little boxes on all of the goals I set in my last post. I have already started cutting back on the candy and desserts in preparation and have been pretty good about it! Except for today when I came across Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 on TV and got all emotional and ate all of the cherry chocolate chip cookies in my kitchen. At least they're gone now, right? I've also been trying to get ready for my 1am bedtime and am getting better at it.

This week my roommates and I said goodbye to one of our group for the next three months; she's on her way to Panama for an awesome summer internship with grad school. In her place we are getting a male roommate. We haven't met him yet, but so far he sounds like a decent fellow who is coming to LA to work for the summer. I don't really know what he'll be doing; when I checked out his twitter page everything he posted was over-my-head technical jargon. So he's smart. Hopefully he can fix things around the house if needed. It will be different having a man amongst our midst (one roommate freaked out that she'll need to wear a bra when she's lounging around the house; hashtag FirstWorldProblems), but it is temporary. Hopefully some entertaining stories will come from this change.

Speaking of men, I have been doing the online dating thing again fairly recently. I'm always skeptical of the men who I "meet" online, but online dating has worked for several people I know, so I re-visit the option once in a while. Surprisingly, I've had several decent and funny conversations this time around with men who live in the greater LA area, and for the first time ever one of these online men has asked me out on a date. Poor guy has to wait almost two weeks for an opening in my schedule, but it's happening. I hope it turns into a chill night and not an awkward "this-is-clearly-an-awkward-first-date" situation. Which is possible, because he's quite young (enter cougar jokes here). We shall see.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment