Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sewing A Kabuki Drop

Wait, what? It's been a month since I blogged here? Geez. I didn't realize how long it had been with all my posting over at my sock blog. Although I'm behind on my posts over there as well.

Let's see...update. Between my two paid jobs I'm working somewhere around 28 to 32 hours a week. My franchise is still moving slowly, although I was able to email a bunch of information off to the parent company a couple weeks ago. I'm still looking for land and investors. Slowest part of the gig I think. 

This End Up is moving along nicely; we finally have all of our cast members and we run rehearsals as often as different schedules allow. I'm working on choreographing my routine for the show, purchasing final apparatuses for the aerial numbers, selecting/ordering/making costumes for most of the cast, and am in the middle of a large sewing project to make the main curtain for the set. It's a lot, but it's all coming together. I mean, it better come together - our first show is on April 18th! We've already had several people purchase tickets through our website. Will you be coming??

I recently saw Totem by Cirque du Soleil while they were in Santa Monica, and I didn't have to pay a dime! I won tickets back on Valentine's day by following a twitter lead and hunting down the Cirque street team at the mall in Culver City. On the evening of the show my friend Elizabeth came with me and we had a fun time catching up. A few weeks later I visited Las Vegas for a bachelorette party and found a cheap ticket to Zarkana at the Aria. I had been wanting to see that Cirque show for a while since they have a flying trapeze act, and I ended up really enjoying the entire show.

In other news, Los Angeles had a bigger than (their) average earthquake (a 4.4) the morning of St. Patrick's Day. It was the biggest earthquake in LA since 2008, and yes, I felt it! I was in the back/storage area of work about five minutes before I had to clock in when it hit, and it lasted longer than other earthquakes I've felt. I ended up walking out of the back room into the main part of the coffee shop to be out of the way of our heavy shelves in case they toppled if the quake got worse. I realized this was the third earthquake I've felt on a holiday - Christmas Day 1994 in Colorado, Easter Day 2010 in Los Angeles (the quake was the big one in Mexico, but we felt the sway when sitting down to Easter dinner at my sister-in-law's family's house), and now St. Patrick's Day. Very strange.

Alright that pretty much covers it for now! I need to sleep a little so I can work on sewing more curtains tomorrow! COME SEE THE SHOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment