Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Downsizing

I moved! After nearly three years of being in the same apartment I decided to relocate. I loved my old apartment and am not the biggest fan of the moving process, but it was definitely time. For the majority of this year I was having trouble finding someone to rent the last spot in my apartment, which meant I was paying double my usual rent as I was the only one on the lease. Without a full time job this was proving difficult, and it didn't make sense for me to stay. I also wasn't terribly fond of the one roommate I did have for multiple reasons (her dog got fleas and they chewed up my ankles!!), so I gave my landlady a month's notice and started packing.

I moved in with a friend at the beginning of the month, and am currently living in the living room of her one bedroom apartment. I like it, but there isn't nearly the same amount of storage space here as there was in my old apartment. I have use of the tiny coat closet, some kitchen shelving, and bought some cinder blocks to put under the legs of my bed to create some extra storage space. Even with getting rid of my couches, donating clothes, selling bed frames, lamps, wall art, and throwing away about a ton of old papers, an old bicycle, and whatever else I could convince myself to part with, I find I have WAY too much stuff for this place!

For now I'm trying to take some time to further thin out my belongings, but am also trying to keep the majority of my things boxed up and ready to move again around the beginning of September when my roommate's boyfriend from New York moves in with her. Anyone in need of a roommate this Fall?

2 comments:

  1. Crazy!
    I didn't know you were flea bitten!!
    Ouch!
    Hope you find someone to move in with soon.

    ReplyDelete