Thursday, March 15, 2012

Everything Breaks In March

I've had a case of bad luck this month so far... hopefully it was just leading up to the "Ides of March" and is now over with! Things that have broken:

  1. The heater in our apartment. I really think the pilot light went out, but I have no idea how to light it myself, and honestly, I'm afraid of blowing something up, so I contacted our apartment manager (who is the daughter of the owner). She's always had her cousins or someone else she knows do all the repairs around here, so contacting her was my obvious solution to the problem. Except this time she didn't help me. She told me to call the gas company because they can light pilot lights for free. I called them a week ago, and still have to wait another week for the first available appointment time they had. My apartment is FREEZING!!
  2. My phone (Blackberry). It refused to fully boot up after installing an update for an app. Every time I tried to turn it on it would try to boot up, but click off and try again. And again. And again. Instead of getting a new Blackberry or HTC Evo through my company's plan (which I had been on for nearly a year), I decided to branch out on my own and get an iPhone. It's pretty. But I don't have all my numbers imported, so if you text me and I don't know who you are, don't be offended.
  3. My right front tire. Went flat while driving to a friend's house after dinner on Wednesday evening. No big deal - I pulled over and replaced my tire with my full sized spare in my trunk. Did it all by myself and was back in the driver's seat only 14 minutes later!
  4. My left front tire. Yep. Happened only hours after the right front tire went flat, but this one decided to go out with flare by blowing out while I was going 70mph on the highway on my way home from my friend's house. I ended up having friends rescue me with their AAA membership and was towed to the parking lot of a tire place where I had to leave my car overnight and return this morning when they opened. I now have one new tire and am still driving on my spare until the shop can get a second tire in from their warehouse.
I REALLY hope that's the last of it... I can't even eat junk food to make myself feel better. =)

2 comments:

  1. Tire blowouts are scary. I'm glad that you are safe and sound despite all this stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. The ides of March are true!

    ReplyDelete