Monday, August 2, 2010

Manhattan Beach

Meet the Carilli family.

These are wonderful people who have become like a second family to me. The first year and a half I lived in Las Vegas I had relatives only a few miles away who would take care of me if ever/whenever I needed help. During my last two years in Las Vegas I didn't have any close family within a couple of hours drive. Then I met Penny. We quickly became friends, and not long after that I was invited to Sunday dinner with her family. It felt like home. Pretty soon the Sunday dinners were a regular occurance, and I was considered one of the family. When I moved away from Las Vegas I was sad that I wouldn't be able to see them very often.


Lucky for me the Carilli's decided to take a week-long vacation to Disneyland, and knowing that I now have a full time job and no play money (yet), offered to come visit me. We met up in the parking lot of my office just as I got off work, and had a fun evening exploring Manhattan Beach.

Although the sun was hiding behind the haze we spread out some blankets and things to create a picnic spot and ate our dinner before walking along the ocean for a bit, watching Suzi chase the gulls, and John trying to run circles around his dad (can you tell everyone was freezing?).
We then headed down to the pier for some hot chocolate, and a gander at their miniature aquarium...
Where Suzi was attacked by a shark. Don't worry - if you mess with Italians, they'll mess you up!


While small, the aquarium had a good critter collection - and there was even a touch pool! You couldn't touch these critters though:
Even if they wanted to say "Hi."

I'm grateful that the Carilli's came to spend their Monday night of vacation with their 'daughter.' Happy Family Home Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment