Monday, May 3, 2010

The Miracle of the Never Ending Gas

Three weekends ago I went to Vegas (as I mentioned here on my blog). I filled up my gas tank on April 13th before I started my drive back to Cali, and have done plenty of driving since then. I went to Magic Mountain, drove to church 3 times, FHE, grocery shopping, and various places inbetween. Now, my car has always gotten pretty great gas mileage, but I started worrying that I was going to run out. You see, most cars have a gas light; mine doesn't. I learned that once about 5 years ago when trying to rush from work to an accounting test in college. Every time I've driven my car during the last week I would look at my gas gauge and worry, but without a job it's not so easy to spend $30+ on gas. Finally after counting the change in my piggy bank and some shifting of funds I decided I could afford to fill up my tank today. Twenty days since I left Las Vegas! Even more surprising was that I still had nearly a gallon and a half of gas left in my 15 gallon tank. Talk about blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Tender mercies! Awesome! 30$ gets me 1/2 a tank - how pathetic.

    ReplyDelete