Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hmmmm...

So, I'm going to have to get used to this earthquake thing. Yep, you guessed it - I experienced another one. This one however, didn't originate in LA or California for that matter, and it happened during daylight hours. This one actually felt different too. So, the culprit was a 7.2 magnitude quake coming from Baja California (that's Mexico, people). There's reports of people feeling it all the way in Phoenix, and I even had a friend in Vegas notice her house's hanging lamps and ceiling fans start to sway; although she didn't actually feel it. I was attending an Easter dinner with my sister-in-law's family, and had just sat down in the backyard on a patio chair. We all got quiet and attentive to our surroundings once someone pointed out that they could feel an earthquake. Unlike my first CA quake experience, the movement was more of a swaying or rocking motion, and I felt dizzy even sitting in my chair. My guess is that we could feel it for a good 30-45 seconds... much longer than the first earthquake.

So, I thought it would be fun to put up some kind of counter on my blog to keep track of how many earthquakes I experience while here... does anyone out there know of a good one? I'm not extremely blog-savvy, and am not sure how to look for one, or what exactly I'm looking for. Just something that can go in my sidebar for everyone to see; but easy for me to update. Help??

1 comment:

  1. So, I have a countup... but I'm still looking for something better that keeps track of how many earthquakes there have been too...

    ReplyDelete