Saturday, January 30, 2010

August 2009

It's easy for me to tell by looking through my pictures when life gets busy... in August there is a steep drop in the number of pictures I took! Granted, August of 2009 marked the beginning of my last semester of college and I was really busy. I was taking 15 credits including my capstone class (meant to bring everything I learned in school to use), working shifts at the Mandalay Bay convention center when I could, juggling two internships, attending institute, selecting who to give money to on UNLV's scholarship board, and got called as the first counsellor in my singles ward's Relief Society. I sometimes ended up with no time to shop for food or do my laundry during the week. I still don't know how I managed, honestly.

Anyway, back to the fun August stuff... 2009 will always be stuck in my brain as "the year that EVERYONE got married." One fun thing a couple of my engaged friends did before they finished tying the knot was to have a little messy party at the park... and I mean MESSY! This is Chris and Katy:


Why do they look disgusting? Because they just finished wrestling in a kiddie pool of pudding. It was hilarious. At the party was also a jello slip-n-slide. Gross.



This totally would have been an activity I would have jumped in to (literally), but I had some other activity planned for later in the afternoon (I don't remember what) and had already showered and gotten dressed for it. Bummer.


Do you love Papa Johns? My roommate Rashida does! Well, I do too, but Rashida takes it to a whole new level, and the rest of the house often benefits from her addiction (geez, here we go about strange addictions again... remember FE-A?) Any-who... the delivery guy one day obviously liked taking his job to a whole new level too. His name tag did not display his name, but rather, said "Delivery Perfectionist." I laughed. And then ran for my camera.


The best part about August however was that my great friend Emily got to officially move in! She had been living on my living room floor for a couple of weeks (convenient... living in the LIVING room) while looking for an apartment, and moved in to the room I shared with Cynthia when Cynthia and I moved in to the master bedroom when Jen bought her own condo and moved out. We knew we'd miss Jen, but she decided to buy a conder a little further in the same complex, so it's not like we'd never see her. I think Emily was happy that she could finally un-pack her car before it made her crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment