Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tucson!

Yes folks, Tucson. That's where I'm at right now! I finally got fed up with the boredom of the last week of Christmas break where very few students have returned from visiting their homes and families and decided to do something about it. Actually, the week hasn't turned out half bad!

Monday night I actually decided to miss FHE (not typical) and spend some time with my roommates Airline and Jen. We were all pretty tired though and didn't end up doing much before going to bed. Tuesday night ended up being a movie night at my apartment for Airline, Eric (Airline's boyfriend) and I - we watched one of my many favorites - The Italian Job. Because of the title I realized that my friend Ryan had arrived home from his holiday trip to Italy and got in touch with him. We had lunch together on Wednesday at his house and watched selected scenes from The Wizard of Oz in Italian afterward while discussing its deeper meaning. FYI - all the singing is still done in English.

Wednesday night I helped my new roommate Cynthia move in and set up her things in her half of my room and stayed up way too late. This however, worked out to my advantage. I slept late Thursday - even in to the afternoon, and woke up bored again. To make a long boring story shorter, and hopefully less boring, by 8pm I had made my decision, packed a bag and was on the road to see my friend Emily in Tucson, without a single member of my family having the slightest clue I was going on a road trip. I drove for 6 and a half hours and arrived safe and VERY awake on caffiene at 3:30am Arizona time.

So, here I sit, blisfully wasting away the last few days of winter freedom. I don't have pictures yet, and the story is not over yet, but oh well! I thought I should at least let people know that I'm alive and safe!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're safe and having fuN! Wish you could have hung out with us longer! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh.
    I hope your trip was grand overall.
    Be careful with that "driving on caffeine" stuff... some times it doesn't end too well.

    ReplyDelete