Monday, August 18, 2008

The First Time...

This past month has been pretty rough on me. So, in order to try and get through my trials successfully I tried to involve myself in a few extra church activities that centered around our Stake Conference; such things as joining the Stake choir... which resulted in locking my keys in my car at the church.

Anyway, being ever-persistant as always, I kept trying to do the right thing, and talked myself into going to the fireside last Sunday night. I left my house a half an hour before the fireside started - plenty of time to get there, right?

About 3 blocks away from home I noticed a police car behind me at a stop sign. No big deal, I had my blinker on, I came to a complete stop, and wasn't speeding either. I turned on to the next street and the cops followed. And yes, their lights came on. Thinking they were heading off on a call I pulled over. They followed. Why? I had a brake light out. They then took my licence and registration and walked back to the cop car, so I sit and wait. And wait and wait and wait! At one point I noticed them writing on a piece of paper. Great. Then cop #1 shows cop #2 the paper, cop #2 points at something, and cop#1 proceeds to tear off the first paper and start over. So, I wait some more. Finally, after waiting 35 minutes (they kept me pulled over for 45 minutes total) they gave me this:


A traffic citation requiring me to go to court! Seems a little excessive for a burnt out brake light, right?? Not to mention I was a half an hour late for the fireside.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. :(
    I got my first speeding ticket on July 4th driving home to Colorado for Liz's wedding.
    $90
    :P
    No warning either, just a "here's your ticket" after waiting for approximately 25 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend that is so annoying. Hope thing go better!

    ReplyDelete