Sunday, March 15, 2015

Travel Wish List

Occasionally I check the map app I have at the bottom of my blog, as it's fun to see where in the world my blog has been read. Tonight I opened it up and discovered that someone had visited my blog from Casablanca, Morocco! Let me just tell you - Morocco has been near the top of my travel to-do list for many years now, for no particular reason really. I just want to go! That's how it was with New Zealand while I was growing up, and it turned in to the best trip I could have imagined when I went in 2009. So, since I spent the next several moments daydreaming about travel, I thought I'd post the places highest on my travel to-do list.

1. The Mediterranean - Greece, Turkey, Spain, Egypt, Morocco. There are a few more countries nearby that I wouldn't mind seeing as well, but these countries are the main draw for me.

2. Alaska - I think I'd prefer a cruise with maybe a couple of days in a row on land. I need to go in winter to see the northern lights, but don't want to completely freeze my butt off.

3. Oregon and Washington - In the fall to see the leaves change near the coast. I also need to stay in a tree house motel. This is non-negotiable.

Okay, I thought I would be making a bigger list of top contenders here, but as I continue to ponder I realize that these three are really the trips that would be my priority if I had the means to up and go right now. Everywhere else I can think of all fall at the same level of desire for the moment. I'm sure they will make their way up the list when I get the chance to check others off one day. So, in no particular order, here are a few more places that are milling around waiting for their time in the spotlight:

India, Australia (hiking Uluru would be cool), somewhere in Africa (I can't decide if I'm intrigued or petrified by the Congo, or if I want to see the bigger cities down south or go on a safari, etc. SO many options), Buenos Aires, Sweden (for their summer festivals), the rest of the 50 states I've never been to, Central America (Costa Rica, Belize and Panama), Peru, New Caledonia.

Now everyone wish for a bunch of money to fall in my lap so I can make it all happen! Ha - right. I'll be happy if I can save enough to see even a few of these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment