Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Birthday Week! Part 1

My birthday falls on a Saturday this year. THIS Saturday, in fact. I LOOOVE when my birthday is on a Saturday, but I have no real reason why Saturday would be my favorite day for my birthday- my birthday is obviously in the summer, so it's not like I ever had to go to school on my birthday.

Anyhow, I wasn't planning anything super huge for my birthday, but wanted to take time to notice something positive about each day this week leading up to my big day, since lately I seem to only been noticing the obvious negatives/challenges I'm facing.

Sunday - Father's Day, and my dad's actual birthday. Nice start to the week - remembering and honoring my father for all he has done for me in my life. He is super supportive of my crazy dreams in recent years, and definitely couldn't be doing what I'm doing without his help. In the morning I trekked out to our favorite Baptist church in South Central LA with members of my church congregation to strengthen our interfaith relations, as well as eat good barbecue (we visit them every Father's day, and they in turn visit us sometime in the fall). It's always fun to worship with the Baptists! I also attended a dessert party that evening and had free cookies.

Monday - Hung out with some church friends at FHE, watched some films from last year's film festival, ate more free cookies, and got in some piano playing time before they locked up the church building.

Tuesday - Spent some time with one of the performers in my show, then sat on my couch watching episodes of TV shows I only watch when no one's home so no one will judge how cheesy I am. Later I showed up to my friend's "girls night" a little late and walked in to a surprise party! For me! Seriously spoiled with cake, good company, and homemade sushi.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!! Love the surprise party - how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete