Sunday, December 5, 2010

"You Have Really Beautiful Hair..."

There are many nice looking men in California. Because of this it is easy to have little crushes on several men at once, which can lead to potentially embarrassing situations.

Today one of these beautiful men that I've noticed a little more within the past month or so sat down on the bench in front of me at church. Seeing as his head was almost directly in front of mine it was hard not to notice how great his hair is. By that I don't mean that it was styled well (which it was), I mean that it's just a really good head of hair! Thick, dark, pretty much perfect. I won't lie, I was a little jealous; my hair being thin and fragile.

At the end of the meeting I got his attention and asked how his week had been - you know, small talk. After all, we are still new friends and need the small talk as a buffer until we get to know each other better. I started fumbling for my keys in my purse - as I still get nervous when I talk to attractive men. I'm not sure what possessed me in the next moment, but before I had time to change my mind I told him:

"Don't take this the wrong way... but you have really beautiful hair."

I wasn't sure how a guy would take a compliment about their looks that included the word beautiful, but suprisingly he said thank you - and looked sincere about it! Starting to feel myself get even more nervous I tried to play it cool and said something to the effect of "I'm not one of those weird psycho girls... sometimes I just call it like I see it." This was my feeble attempt to appear as un-stalker-ish as possible. His response? He said thank you again, and said that he was flattered.

Standing now, I told him to have a good week and tried to make a quick exit out of my row before my face flushed red.

Yes - I still get nervous and run away after talking to a cute boy.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting the player at the top, so I can stop the music right away.

    Also, know that you are not alone. I'm completely retarded around men that I find ridiculously attractive.

    I have a story about it. Ask me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello it Jana Nielson, My blog comment section is now private so you can leave your email and it will go straight to my email and will not be posted. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For blog layout I go to http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com
    I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your Christmas playlist. I spent all Sunday night listening to it.

    ReplyDelete