Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chronically-ill Camera

For about a year my camera had a hard time taking pictures. Funny, right? Since that's all a camera is supposed to do... Anyway, the shutter button (you may have to excuse my lack of camera vocabulary) was extremely tempermental - sometimes to the point where I'd give up and go without whatever picture I had just spent 5 minutes trying to capture.

Then, magically, it got better!

My camera was working perfect for several months and I was happy to share the miraculous story with whoever would listen. Then I went to my family reunion, saw cousins I hadn't seen in 10+ years, met all their cute kids, went to pull out my camera to take pictures of all of them.... and the lens cover-thing wouldn't open! The camera turns on fine, the zoom adjusts when I mess with it and I can access the menu and pictures on the memory card that already exist, but the darn thing wont open the cover of the lens. At all. Not for a charged battery or for my fingernails trying to pry it open manually.

I sure hope my camera gets better again.

No comments:

Post a Comment