Monday, August 3, 2009

Blog Intimidation

Througout a typical week I am on my computer quite often. At my internship I am rarely away from it, and I can't help but jump on the internet at least once a day at home to catch up on the too-many-to-name social networking sites (like this one). I love to see and read about what my friends all over the world are up to, and I like updating them on what I do. Blogs are perfect for this purpose. But again, I have let more than a month pass without posting anything.

I believe it all boils down to blog intimidation.

Let me explain. I have PLENTY of adventures, stories, thoughts, and pictures that I have planned out to put on my blog - goodness, I haven't even finished posting day 3 of my 8 day adventure in New Zealand back in May. And that's the problem. I start blogging, then get busy and get so far behind on my posts that I feel a little overwhelmed at the prospect of catching up! Add to that the blog intimidation created by the hilarious, witty, interesting and creative blogs of my friends and family who are so good at regularly posting - it makes me slightly more reluctant to work on my own blog.

I don't know if there's anyone who ever gets online asking themselves "I wonder what's happening in Melissa's life today," but I like to think that it happens occasionally. So I will once again resolve to take a stab at updating my adventures, but by all means, don't let it create blog intimidation in your life - because I still want to know what's happening in your life too.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I log into blogger I check to see what's happening in your life (and if you've put more New Zealand stuff up yet).

    ReplyDelete