Thursday, November 27, 2008

Playtime!

With the unusually warm weather lingering around the Southwestern part of the United States (meaning - Las Vegas), one can't help but think that it constantly feels like Spring Break! I'll admit, it has been awfully difficult to focus on my schoolwork when there are so many other things I want to do. First of all, there was birthday after birthday that needed to be celebrated, and what better place to celebrate than in my house?
We got to dress up,
eat food,
watch people jump out of cakes,
play twister,
and basically go a little crazy.
Then of course, came the crazy festivities of Halloween. What more can I say?


I am officially dubbing November as "The month in which Melissa photographs the best." You'll soon see why. This month has been a blast!
I went hiking up at Calico Tanks inside Red Rock park with several friends from my ward (it was actually the first time I'd seen the tank completely dry),

celebrated my one year mark of being home from my mission with my good friend Emily,

threw a bachelorette party for Dot,



played outside of the institute building while avoiding my homework list,

and most recently won a dance competition against other single's wards in the valley by mixing hip-hop and Polynesian dancing into a form I like to call "Hip-nesian."
Yeah, life is good.

5 comments:

  1. You're a hottie! I loved the picture of you at the restaurant when I saw it in someone else's facebook or something, but I couldn't comment there cuz she's not my friend! I like the hair over the face, too! Pretty girl, can't wait to see you! (Don't play too hard =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, ditto on the hottie-ness!
    Looks like you've had one busy month! I laughed at the Bachelorette Party pictures. Looks like you girls had a bunch of fun.
    See you in a little under a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!!! I have to admit, I would love to be there with you... but it's really not fair for me to say that, with my current dating status that is. He really is one of the only things keeping me from taking you up on your offer to move to Vegas. I honestly was considering it back in May. Seriously. So, please dont hate me forever! I love you too much to lose your friendship!

    Te amo che!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegas looks like a lot of fun!! You keep so busy!! I really like the pics you posted!!

    ReplyDelete